Mitt Romney isn't particularly known for having droves of young, pumped-up, screaming supporters — that's Ron Paul's domain. But with Newt Gingrich's last-minute rise in the South Carolina polls, the Romney campaign has been trying (desperately) to create buzz for their own Palmetto State momentum. Except most of the youthful Romney fans who flocked to a recent rally in Lexington and to the great Pork-alypse at Tommy's Country Ham House this morning are actually out-of-staters: students from Brigham Young University in Utah and young Mormons from Washington, D.C., and Virginia. One BYU student who spoke with Buzzfeed said he believed the Romney campaign would be reimbursing them for their travel expenses: "Not true," said spokeswoman Andrea Saul.
Photo: EMMANUEL DUNAND/2012 AFP
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 3. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 4. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 5. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 6. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 7. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 8. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!
- 9. Here’s Kim Kardashian’s ‘Jubilant,’ Frolicking Post-Baby Reveal