The Connecticut mayor who responded to allegations that his police force discriminated against and abused Latinos by offering to eat tacos for dinner got served. The group Reform Immigration for America sent 500 tacos to Joe Maturo's office this afternoon after launching a "text for a taco" campaign that received 2,600 responses. The mayor, who backpedaled at the time by mumbling something about "ethnic food" (and later apologized), said he would send the delivery to a local soup kitchen, so at least something good has come of this embarrassment.
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck