A debate has erupted between New York Times crossword puzzle editor Will Shortz, who says illin is a synonym of wack, as defined by the Dictionary of American Slang (see also: Run D.M.C.), and a concerned reader with a more modern interpretation of the term as a positive variation on chillin. Obviously, the most important thing here is that people's parents learn to stop saying things like homeslice and fo' shizzle.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 7. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 8. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring