New York City's mayor has big plans for the rest of his final term: At the opening for the Frank Gehry–designed Signature Theater today, Michael Bloomberg said of the legendary architect, "We both committed to each other that we would get 10 more Frank Gehry projects going here — in the next 700 days." Perhaps aware of his own overpromising, Bloomberg added, "If my math is any good, Frank, that is one every 70 days, so we should meet some time later today to get going." Gehry said he wishes he could tell his father, an NYC native, "Pop, I hitched my wagon to the most incredible group of dreamers you'll ever imagine, including the dreamiest dreamer of all, the mayor of this city, Mayor Bloomberg." When it comes to dreams money can buy, Bloomberg really is king.
Photo: Mario Tama/2012 Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?