Marking the near-end of at least one phase of the Occupy Wall Street movement, police cleared out a months-long encampment that had taken over McPherson Square just a block or so from the White House. While far less violent than some other confrontations, eleven people were arrested, including one for hitting a police officer in the face with a break. [AP]
Photo: MANDEL NGAN/2012 AFP
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?