If Mitt Romney expected mortifying attention-monster Donald Trump to just endorse him, aggressively shake his hand, and then fade into the shadows, he would have been incorrect. Trump — a man who still thinks President Obama's birth certificate is fake, recall — has now taken it upon himself, probably, to act as a Romney surrogate in TV interviews. Early this morning, he was on CNN, promoting the Romney candidacy but also speculating about his role in a future Romney administration. "I don’t know," he said, when asked which cabinet post he might want, "maybe a position where I negotiate against some of these countries. Because they are really taking our lunch." Is he ... is he talking about Secretary of State? Or would this be a new cabinet position: Secretary of Lunch Protection, perhaps, or, Secretary of Yelling at the Chinese and "Taking the Oil"?
Photo: Stephen Lovekin
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 5. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring