Although everyone and their grandmother has accepted the (not trademarked!) colloquialism "Gchat" much in the same way the word "retweet" originated, Google insists that the official term is "Google Talk," with "Gmail chat" and "Google Chat™ instant messaging service" as appropriate substitutes. That makes the search giant the equivalent of that guy Tim, who's always like, My name is Timothy.
Photo: Kimihiro Hoshino/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!