In a tribute to the Oscars tonight, The Chris Matthews Show produced a clever black-and-white homage to The Artist with Mitt Romney as its subject. Title: Better Off Mute. "Much like the perfect silent picture star whose career was thwarted by the emergence of sound in cinema," reads the text on the video's YouTube page, "Mitt Romney has stumbled when he's had to open his mouth ... " Just a few examples close at hand include his Cadillacs (plural) remark, that $10,000 bet he made with Rick Perry, and the times he said "I like being able to fire people" and "I'm also unemployed."
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 4. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. Weekend GOP Almost-Impeachment Update
- 8. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 9. Obama Administration’s War on Leakers Includes Reading Fox News’s E-mails