A judge today tossed new rules that would require solo adults seeking shelter to prove they're really homeless after a City Council lawsuit against Mayor Bloomberg argued that such a policy change should be subject to public hearings. Council speaker Christine Quinn called the requirements "cruel and punitive," while the city, which plans to appeal, says the new criteria would save $4 million.
Photo: Spencer Platt/Getty Images
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability