The New Jersey Assembly followed the State Senate today and approved a bill legalizing same-sex marriage, as expected, by a vote of 41-33. Even less surprising will be Governor Chris Christie's planned veto of the legislation, which he has promised will come in the form of "very swift action"; Christie has said he would prefer the law be put to a referendum. An override of the governor's veto would require a two-thirds majority in each chamber, thereby requiring Republican support. Or Christie could shock the world and have a sudden change of heart! Who wants to be president anyway?
Photo: Kevork Djansezian/2011 Getty Images
- 1. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 2. Jody Rosen’s Snap Judgments on Beyoncé’s Surprise New Album
- 3. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 6. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle
- 9. Megyn Kelly Called In Sick Last Night