Last night wasn't quite the reoccupation of Zuccotti Park, but NYPD officers arrested some Occupy Wall Street protesters for old times' sake. Gothamist reports that eight demonstrators were charged overall, most for disorderly conduct, after a march from Union Square, although their conduct seems to have been quite innocuous. "This is New York City, you can't be making noise at night," an officer said, according to the report. There were about 40 cops and 30 protesters, says Gothamist. Asked why the park was closed, another officer responded, "Why are you asking stupid questions?" And when someone inquired about which laws were being broken, a third cop quipped, "There's a law against everything. That's America."
Photo: Mario Tama/2011 Getty Images
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck