We can remember a time when all you did during a cab ride was watch the city zoom by outside your window and quietly contemplate your mortality. Now, a few years after the introduction of Taxi TV, Jack Dorsey of Twitter fame wants to embed tablets and his Square mobile-payment technology into the backseat divider, allowing you to swipe your credit card at any time during the trip, as well as occupy yourself with games and a million other things. We guess it's inevitable — that's the world we live in now. People don't make time to just sit anymore.
Photo: Mario Tama/Getty Images
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability