By a 28–21 vote Wednesday night, the Washington State Senate approved a bill that legalizes gay marriage. The measure will go to the House where it's expected to pass easily, the Seattle Times reports. "A lot of people are just stunned, particularly people my age and older, to think this day would actually come in our lifetime," Democratic State Senator Ed Murray told reporters before the vote. The bill's passage would make Washington the seventh state to adopt such legislation. New York became the sixth state to legalize gay marriage in June of last year.
- 1. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 2. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 5. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 6. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle
- 7. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 8. A Ranking of 11 Movie Franchises, TV Shows, and Book Series That Ended in 2013
- 9. Watch Amy Poehler and Billy Eichner Force People to Sing Christmas Carols on the Street