After an ugly five-year fight that included allegations of extreme familial betrayal and elder abuse, the estate of Brooke Astor has been sorted out in a manner pleasing to both sides. The ongoing scandal — one of the city's biggest in recent memory — pitted Astor's lawyer and only son, both convicted in court of doing her wrong, against the charities listed as beneficiaries in an older version of the late philanthropist's will. The terms of the settlement are not yet known, but Astor's dog pictures could still be yours.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?