A study undertaken by the Taxi and Limousine Commission found that, whether out of generosity or necessity, eight of the ten best neighborhoods for Saturday night taxi-tipping are in Brooklyn (led by apparently lavish Prospect Heights). Washington Heights, another far-flung neighborhood to which cabbies aren't enthused about driving, was tops overall. Meanwhile, people headed to places like Gramercy, SoHo, and the Upper West Side have at least one thing in common with tourists: they don't tip cab drivers well.
Photo: Jan Johannessen/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!