Greg Smith's viral Goldman Sachs resignation op-ed sparked a veritable meme barrage — not to mention a potential book deal. Now, with the help of the inimitable Felix Salmon, Professor Frank Partnoy, and a few felt friends, we may have a parodic winner. This Avenue Q-style number lampoons the Oscar-winning song "Man or Muppet" with two mournful singing client-muppets, pockets stuffed with cash. "Am I a client or a muppet?" is the question. In the end, there's a nice denouement; but we wouldn't want to give it away.
Photo: Lawrence Lucier/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!