You know that Obama-at-Harvard video that Andrew Breitbart was supposedly murdered over? Turns out its only revelation was that President Obama once hugged a professor who used to discuss racism, which, according to some conservatives, is damning evidence of Obama's radicalism. The truth is, hugs — as sweet and innocent as they can be in certain limited circumstances — have a long and dark history in American politics. Join us as we look back at some of these infamous hugs of doom.
Photo: Jim Palmer/AP, Sven Nackstrand/AFP/Getty Images, Getty Images, Doug Mills/The New York Times/Redux
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper