John Heilemann and the Morning Joe crew today discussed how jealous Mitt Romney must be of Ronald Reagan, running for president in the early eighties, when you had the freedom, as a candidate for the highest office in the land, to make an ethnic joke or rich-guy gaffes and not worry that someone stream it, post it, or tweet it out to the entire Internet. Ah, the good ol' days! "You could make little mistakes [then]," Heilemann said. "Romney has made a lot of mistakes that are now part of the record." Heilemann notes, however, that if Romney wins Ohio and Tennessee today, it will be hard to argue there's still an open contest going on.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!