John Heilemann and the Morning Joe crew today discussed how jealous Mitt Romney must be of Ronald Reagan, running for president in the early eighties, when you had the freedom, as a candidate for the highest office in the land, to make an ethnic joke or rich-guy gaffes and not worry that someone stream it, post it, or tweet it out to the entire Internet. Ah, the good ol' days! "You could make little mistakes [then]," Heilemann said. "Romney has made a lot of mistakes that are now part of the record." Heilemann notes, however, that if Romney wins Ohio and Tennessee today, it will be hard to argue there's still an open contest going on.
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 4. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 5. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 8. Journalist Michael Hastings, Who Profiled Stanley McChrystal, Has Died
- 9. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women