New York City tabloids (and their dedicated followers) rejoiced as Jaynie Mae Baker, a 30-year-old woman living in Williamsburg, has reportedly turned herself in three weeks after being indicted with alleged mother-of-four madam Anna Gristina. Both women are charged with promoting prostitution; Baker previously worked as a recruiter for the matchmaking service VIP Life, and Gristina claims the pair were working on a legitimate online dating business. Gristina also said that Baker just happened to be on vacation when the cops came calling. Back in town, Baker has linked up with big-name attorney Robert Gottlieb, DNA Info reports, while Gristina, who investigators say made millions over fifteen years running an East 78th Street brothel, claims to have no money for a lawyer. Authorities are trying to track down bank accounts, but the alleged madam's pro bono attorney insists, "She doesn't have two nickels to rub together."
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 6. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 9. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe