New York City tabloids (and their dedicated followers) rejoiced as Jaynie Mae Baker, a 30-year-old woman living in Williamsburg, has reportedly turned herself in three weeks after being indicted with alleged mother-of-four madam Anna Gristina. Both women are charged with promoting prostitution; Baker previously worked as a recruiter for the matchmaking service VIP Life, and Gristina claims the pair were working on a legitimate online dating business. Gristina also said that Baker just happened to be on vacation when the cops came calling. Back in town, Baker has linked up with big-name attorney Robert Gottlieb, DNA Info reports, while Gristina, who investigators say made millions over fifteen years running an East 78th Street brothel, claims to have no money for a lawyer. Authorities are trying to track down bank accounts, but the alleged madam's pro bono attorney insists, "She doesn't have two nickels to rub together."
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper