New York City tabloids (and their dedicated followers) rejoiced as Jaynie Mae Baker, a 30-year-old woman living in Williamsburg, has reportedly turned herself in three weeks after being indicted with alleged mother-of-four madam Anna Gristina. Both women are charged with promoting prostitution; Baker previously worked as a recruiter for the matchmaking service VIP Life, and Gristina claims the pair were working on a legitimate online dating business. Gristina also said that Baker just happened to be on vacation when the cops came calling. Back in town, Baker has linked up with big-name attorney Robert Gottlieb, DNA Info reports, while Gristina, who investigators say made millions over fifteen years running an East 78th Street brothel, claims to have no money for a lawyer. Authorities are trying to track down bank accounts, but the alleged madam's pro bono attorney insists, "She doesn't have two nickels to rub together."
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!