Finally, one delicious thing that Michael Bloomberg is not in favor of banning: The mayor officially weighed in this morning against the Park Slope Food Co-op's proposed ban on Israeli hummus. “Why any of this has anything to do with selling food, I don’t know,” said the noted burnt-toast aficionado. “We should be pushing for more business with Israel, not less. But this has to do with people wanting Israel to be torn apart and people to be massacred, and America is not going to let that happen.” Park Slope, you are America. (Sorta.)
Photo: Neilson Barnard/2011 Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!