A Manhattan judge has declared the trial of Inwood cop Michael Pena over, despite the jury's failure to reach a verdict on four rape-related charges. Pena was found guilty of sexually assaulting a young schoolteacher at gunpoint in an alley, but the defense argued that no penetration occurred, directly challenging the victim's tearful testimony. She reportedly sobbed hysterically today as the jury announced they had "no verdict" after three days of deliberating on the forcible intercourse charges. Pena still faces 25 years to life for the assault conviction.
Photo: Spencer Platt/2012 Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!