This past week, police charged 29 people in a wide-ranging counterfeit-goods case that somehow implicated a Hong Kong septuagenarian smuggling pure crystal meth in Chinese tea bags. Along with the usual phony Louis Vuitton bags and Nike sneakers, the scheme also broke into a new luxury market: the masterfully faked UGG boot. Merchandise confiscated from a New Jersey warehouse even had generic tags and treads covering the UGG label and trademark sole. Next, people will be faking those plastic Croc things. Oh wait, they already do.
- 1. Congressional Republicans Reveal Secret Love for Obamacare
- 2. Adam Levine’s Third Victoria’s Secret Model Girlfriend Gets a Ring
- 3. Sons of Anarchy’s Kurt Sutter on the Season-6 Finale and What’s Next for Jax and Gemma
- 4. Congress Reaches Deal to End Budget Chaos, Angers Conservatives
- 5. Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- 6. Sons of Anarchy’s Maggie Siff on Tara and Jax, and the Heartbreaking Season-6 Finale
- 7. Stop Asking If the Volcker Rule Will Work. It Already Has
- 8. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 9. Will Rihanna's Doobie Catch On?