Following eleven arrests at Rupert Murdoch's British tabloid The Sun, and the release of a new Sunday edition, two senior journalists at the paper have reportedly tried to take their own lives, according to Reuters. Both are in the hospital, the Financial Times reports, with News International handling costs. Reuters says the British publishing unit "has increased the level of psychiatric help available to employees to help them cope," while sources say other Sun journalists appear "terribly stressed" with many "on the edge."
Photo: WPA Pool/2011 Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper