Karilyn Bales, who is married to the the American solider accused of murdering seventeen Afghan civilians, publicly defended her husband for the first time today. She told NBC's Today that she'd talked with Bales twice since the incident and that she, "Just [doesn't] think he was involved," though she apparently did not ask him about the killings directly. She went on to describe Bales as "like a big kid himself," who would never harm a child (nine died in the attack). "I'm waiting to hear what actually is true," she said. "I don't think anything will really change my mind in believing that he did not do this."
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck