After a glowing column from her friend Cindy Adams yesterday, in which it was announced that WNBC anchor Sue Simmons will soon be out of a job after 32 years, the backlash has begun. In the Post today, "top network sources" say Simmons has been making $5 million a year while "phoning it in for a while." The hit piece says she's no Chuck Scarborough, her co-anchor, and allows anonymous critics to call out her drinking and bad attitude, in stark contrast to yesterday's love letter, which described Simmons as "talented, sassy, knowledgeable, able and familiar." Today, it's her "antics and massive paycheck" that got her bounced. Fair and balanced!
Photo: Peter Kramer/Getty Images
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck