After a glowing column from her friend Cindy Adams yesterday, in which it was announced that WNBC anchor Sue Simmons will soon be out of a job after 32 years, the backlash has begun. In the Post today, "top network sources" say Simmons has been making $5 million a year while "phoning it in for a while." The hit piece says she's no Chuck Scarborough, her co-anchor, and allows anonymous critics to call out her drinking and bad attitude, in stark contrast to yesterday's love letter, which described Simmons as "talented, sassy, knowledgeable, able and familiar." Today, it's her "antics and massive paycheck" that got her bounced. Fair and balanced!
Photo: Peter Kramer/Getty Images
- 1. Congressional Republicans Reveal Secret Love for Obamacare
- 2. Adam Levine’s Third Victoria’s Secret Model Girlfriend Gets a Ring
- 3. Sons of Anarchy’s Kurt Sutter on the Season-6 Finale and What’s Next for Jax and Gemma
- 4. Congress Reaches Deal to End Budget Chaos, Angers Conservatives
- 5. Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- 6. Sons of Anarchy’s Maggie Siff on Tara and Jax, and the Heartbreaking Season-6 Finale
- 7. Will Rihanna's Doobie Catch On?
- 8. The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- 9. Elián González Bashes U.S., Reignites Cold War