Yesterday's editions of corporate siblings the New York Post and iPad newspaper The Daily both went with the same applause-worthy cover regarding the JetBlue pilot meltdown: "THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN FREAKING." The Post's chief copy editor, who doesn't even own an iPad, says he received an e-mail from his Daily counterpart with a subject line reading, "What are the odds?" Well, the two offices do share a floor in the Sixth Avenue News Corp. building, and it was recently announced that Daily editor Jesse Angelo will become more involved in the digital direction of the Post. So is this synergy, eavesdropping, or a simple case of great minds thinking alike? After all — in our very expert opinion — the headline is the best possible pun option for the story.
Photo: NYP, The Daily
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film