In a New York Times article considering the question of why, exactly, Rick Santorum hasn't kowtowed to pressure from the camp within the Republican Party that wants him to roll over and make way for Mitt Romney, the consensus seemed to be that Santorum wouldn't be done until, well, he's done. Or at least until a certain metaphor has been tortured to death. Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina told the Times, “It will be Romney. The elephant hasn’t sung yet, but she’s warming up.” Santorum, meanwhile, told a crowd at South Hills Country Club in Milwaukee, "The race isn’t over until the people of Wisconsin sing. We need you to sing a week from Tuesday.” People of Wisconsin, Rick Santorum is calling you fat!
Photo: Win McNamee/Getty Images
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 5. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 6. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 7. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability