In an important foreign policy address at NYU this morning, Vice-President Joe Biden discussed ... some stuff about foreign policy, probably. Nobody knows, because the only thing that anyone paid attention to or will remember was when Biden proclaimed, "I promise you, the president has a big stick. I promise you." While Biden was clearly referring to Teddy Roosevelt's famous advice — speak softly, and carry a big stick — his remark was, judging by the laughter in the audience and on Twitter, widely treated as a euphemistic reference to male genitalia. But here at Daily Intel, we're going to willfully misinterpret Biden's remarks in a completely different way: Much too literally. Herewith, a collection of photos of President Obama holding some of those big sticks that Biden was definitely referring to. You've been warned, Iran.
Photos: Alex Brandon/AP, Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images, Maxwells/AFP/Getty Images, Pete Souza/The White House, Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images, Jae C. Hong/AP; Alex Brandon/AP; Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images; Maxwells/AFP/Getty Images; Pete Souza/White House; Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images; Jae C. Hong/AP
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!