An avid cyclist and animator by trade, 46-year-old Joshua Rechnitz is donating a healthy $40 million to assist the Brooklyn Bridge Park waterfront project in building facilities to allow year-round recreation. City approvals are still required, but the hope is that ground breaks in 2014 for construction to be completed in 2016. Bring your bicycle, baseball mitt, tennis racket, suntan lotion, and yourself, eventually, and thank Rechnitz later.
Photo: Spencer Platt/2009 Getty Images
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode