An avid cyclist and animator by trade, 46-year-old Joshua Rechnitz is donating a healthy $40 million to assist the Brooklyn Bridge Park waterfront project in building facilities to allow year-round recreation. City approvals are still required, but the hope is that ground breaks in 2014 for construction to be completed in 2016. Bring your bicycle, baseball mitt, tennis racket, suntan lotion, and yourself, eventually, and thank Rechnitz later.
Photo: Spencer Platt/2009 Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 5. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 6. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 7. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 8. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?
- 9. Kate Middleton Still Acting Like a Total Commoner