Last month, Yahoo sued Facebook over ten patents, and today, in a nice bit of symmetry, Mark Zuckerberg and company have responded by countersuing over ten patents of their own. The social network claims the struggling Internet company has lifted technology including online recommendations and photo tagging, while Yahoo said in a statement that the accusations are "without merit and nothing more than a cynical attempt to distract from the weakness of its defense." Facebook warned, "While we are asserting patent claims of our own, we do so in response to Yahoo's short-sighted decision to attack one of its partners and prioritize litigation over innovation." Your move, Thompson.
Photo: Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability