The second-degree murder trial of George Zimmerman is likely months away, but the obstacles keep coming already: Today, Zimmerman's lawyer Mark O'Mara filed paperwork requesting a new judge. Circuit Judge Jessica Reckseidler disclosed last week that her husband works in the law office of Mark NeJame, who has been hired by CNN as a legal analyst for the case. Additionally, NeJame was approached about representing Zimmerman, but declined and recommended O'Mara instead. So it's official: Nothing related to the shooting of Trayvon Martin is going to go smoothly.
Photo: Pool/2012 Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 6. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 7. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women