The second-degree murder trial of George Zimmerman is likely months away, but the obstacles keep coming already: Today, Zimmerman's lawyer Mark O'Mara filed paperwork requesting a new judge. Circuit Judge Jessica Reckseidler disclosed last week that her husband works in the law office of Mark NeJame, who has been hired by CNN as a legal analyst for the case. Additionally, NeJame was approached about representing Zimmerman, but declined and recommended O'Mara instead. So it's official: Nothing related to the shooting of Trayvon Martin is going to go smoothly.
Photo: Pool/2012 Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?