The second-degree murder trial of George Zimmerman is likely months away, but the obstacles keep coming already: Today, Zimmerman's lawyer Mark O'Mara filed paperwork requesting a new judge. Circuit Judge Jessica Reckseidler disclosed last week that her husband works in the law office of Mark NeJame, who has been hired by CNN as a legal analyst for the case. Additionally, NeJame was approached about representing Zimmerman, but declined and recommended O'Mara instead. So it's official: Nothing related to the shooting of Trayvon Martin is going to go smoothly.
Photo: Pool/2012 Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!