Jessica Reckseidler, the Florida circuit judge tasked with hearing George Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial, is expected to sign an order taking herself off the case later today. Her apparently impending recusal was preceded by a request from Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, who identified Reckseidler's husband's job in the office of Mark NeJame, a CNN legal analyst for the case, as a conflict of interest. Her successor will be chosen from one of the three remaining felony judges in Seminole County. The switch will likely delay Zimmerman's scheduled Friday hearing, during which O'Mara was expected to ask that he be released on bond. And so the wheels of justice continue to do their slow thing.
Photo: Pool/2012 Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 6. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!