Despite hiring outside lawyers only twice in ten years, the Federal Trade Commission has brought on undefeated former Justice Department prosecutor Beth Wilkinson to investigate whether Google abused its power by tweaking search results to its own advantage. A former F.T.C. official calls the hiring a "watershed moment," signaling that the government is more than willing to go to court if necessary. Game on!
Photo: Kimihiro Hoshino/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 5. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 6. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 7. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces
- 8. Is This the World’s Worst Selfie?
- 9. QuizUp Is the Fastest-Growing iPhone Game in History: Here Are Its Creator’s Secrets