John Liu, the scandal-ensnared city comptroller, is still holding fund-raisers for ... something. It's definitely not for reelection to his current office, according to a Post source, who told the paper that "he’s either running for mayor or not at all." A mayoral race would be awfully fraught, to say the least. So what might Liu want with a restocked campaign chest? According to political consultant Hank Sheinkopf, “Liu’s campaign fund is turning into a legal-defense fund." To date this year, he's spent $162,354.92, more than $100,000 of which went for legal fees and crisis management. That's compared with just $82,305 in cash raised. Seems unsustainable, but hey, we're not comptrollers ourselves.
Photo: Bloomberg/2010 Bloomberg
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!