After starting the week with two losses, including one against Sarah Palin, Katie Couric delivered a ratings victory on Wednesday for ABC's Good Morning America. The show topped NBC's Today by 87,000 total viewers, according to early numbers, but still trailed by 319,000 among the 25-54 demo (although that's better than normal). ABC won the morning two times last week, and twice the week before that too, but has not delivered a full-week victory over Today for sixteen years. The gap between the two has been shrinking, but Couric won't be the one to clear it.
Photo: Illustration by Maya Robinson. Photos by Ray Tamarra/Getty Images, Justin Sullivan/Getty Images and Istockphoto.
- 1. Is the Tappan Zee Bridge Falling Dow
- 2. The Ten-Minute Lesbian Sex Scene Everyone Is Talking About at Cannes
- 3. Fox Is Considering a Plan to Have Former American Idols Judge Next Season
- 4. Why Pop Stars Rule the World and Movie Stars Hardly Matter
- 5. The Fabulous Life of Instagram’s ‘Mr. Wall Street’
- 6. Girls Porn Parody Pretty Much Writes Itself
- 7. Lena Dunham Is Not Thrilled About the Girls Porn Parody
- 8. Why John McCain Hates Republicans Again
- 9. The 2012–13 TV Season in One Really Depressing Chart