The results are in and the Socialists' Francois Hollande (the party's standard bearer following the DSK sex scandal) took 28 percent of today's first-round vote in France, with Sarkozy close behind with 26 percent. But factor in the terrifyingly strong 20 percent showing by extreme right-winger Marine Le Pen — and the likelihood that half her votes and most of the far-left candidate's will swing to Hollande — and Sarkozy's reelection prospects are, well, not good.
Photo: PHILIPPE WOJAZER/2012 AFP
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 4. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. Weekend GOP Almost-Impeachment Update
- 8. Obama Administration’s War on Leakers Includes Reading Fox News’s E-mails
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck