A New Jersey police officer pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to multiple charges including luring and enticing a child, and attempted aggravated sexual assault, for allegedly sending a 12-year-old girl graphic photos exposing himself and trying to convince her to meet up for sex. The Woodland Park officer, Steven Vigorito Jr., who reached out to the girl by phone, apparently met the girl and her family only a few days earlier while on duty. "It's very upsetting, but we didn't care that it was one of our own," Woodland Police Chief Anthony Galietti said. "I'm a father of five and we treated him like any suspect off the street."
Photo: Police Handout
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 7. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 8. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 9. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother