A New Jersey police officer pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to multiple charges including luring and enticing a child, and attempted aggravated sexual assault, for allegedly sending a 12-year-old girl graphic photos exposing himself and trying to convince her to meet up for sex. The Woodland Park officer, Steven Vigorito Jr., who reached out to the girl by phone, apparently met the girl and her family only a few days earlier while on duty. "It's very upsetting, but we didn't care that it was one of our own," Woodland Police Chief Anthony Galietti said. "I'm a father of five and we treated him like any suspect off the street."
Photo: Police Handout
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?