A New Jersey police officer pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to multiple charges including luring and enticing a child, and attempted aggravated sexual assault, for allegedly sending a 12-year-old girl graphic photos exposing himself and trying to convince her to meet up for sex. The Woodland Park officer, Steven Vigorito Jr., who reached out to the girl by phone, apparently met the girl and her family only a few days earlier while on duty. "It's very upsetting, but we didn't care that it was one of our own," Woodland Police Chief Anthony Galietti said. "I'm a father of five and we treated him like any suspect off the street."
Photo: Police Handout
- 1. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 5. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 6. Arrested Development’s 20 Most Meta Meta-Moments
- 7. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 8. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 9. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?