One of the few names to surface in connection with Anna Gristina's Manhattan prostitution business was NYPD Sgt. Richard Wall, who neighbors said frequented the 78th St. building where the brothel was allegedly based. Wall was forced to turn over his notebooks to investigators, but it was ultimately determined that he had been assigned there to investigate complaints about pot smoke. Today, DNAinfo reports that the department's Internal Affairs boss apologized and asked Wall, "What would you say to getting a promotion?" He got an apology, plus an $11,000 raise and "special assignment" status, which might make up for a few days of tainted Google results.
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. Weekend GOP Almost-Impeachment Update