It wasn’t long after the Obama campaign revealed “Forward” as its new reelection slogan this morning that it was accused of stealing from, or perhaps synergizing with, liberal cable-news network MSNBC, whose motto has been “Lean Forward” since October 2010. However, top sources within the Obama campaign* tell Daily Intel that before settling on “Forward,” they debated borrowing even more directly from other famous slogans. Among the early options the campaign considered:
- You’re in good hands with Obama
- Like a good neighbor, Obama is there
- Got health insurance?
- He’s g-r-r-r-e-a-t!
- It’s not TV, it’s BHO
- You’ve come a long way, America
- O-B-A-M-A spells relief.
- Just do it
- Between love and madness lies … Obama
- Only Obama can prevent forest fires
- Mama mia, thatsa spicy Obama!
Admittedly, some of them didn’t make a lot of sense.
*These sources were likely peyote-induced hallucinations.