Pat Kiernan, who this morning began his second guest-hosting stint on Live! With Kelly, isn't the only celebrity openly campaigning for the gig. At a Google/Hollywood Reporter party this weekend in D.C.'s W Hotel, David Arquette told New York that he, too, wanted a tryout, but didn't exactly get the same love as Kiernan. "I have asked. But she's giving me a very cold shoulder," he said. "I've given up on a shot. I'm bummed, but I'm fine." Arquette doesn't have a news-hosting background, so how would he sell himself for the job, we wondered? "My pitch would be, people love me and I love people! That's what I think Regis had."
Photo: Nicholas Hunt/PatrickMcMullan.com
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck