Exactly two weeks after a close adviser compared Mitt Romney to an Etch A Sketch, Romney himself, in a speech before the American Society of News Editors today, proclaimed that "this is not the time for President Obama's hide-and-seek campaign," meaning, Obama should not hide his true plans for a second term, and challenges the press to uncover them.
The following are the odds of the Romney campaign mentioning various children's games during the course of the campaign season:
Hungry Hungry Hippos: 3/1
- A reference to President Obama's insatiable hunger for American tax dollars.
Pin the Tail on the Donkey: 5/1
- A line in Romney's convention speech, except it will be "Pin the Fail on the Donkey."
- What President Obama should say to all the taxpayers whose money he keeps taking for no reason.
Musical Chairs: 14/1
- Many VP candidates will be vetted, but only one will have a seat on the GOP ticket when the music stops, Romney will explain in a Hannity interview in July.
Thumb War: 20/1
- Down by 5-6 points with a week to go until the election, Romney will challenge Obama to a thumb war, winner gets the White House.