This morning, New York City got its own "things riding on top of other things" exclusive as the space shuttle Enterprise freeloaded its way to JFK. The Enterprise traveled from Washington Dulles International Airport atop NASA's 747 Shuttle Carrier Aircraft, which flew at a low altitude over the west side of Manhattan and back around again. The showy trip took the pair right by the Statue of Liberty and the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum, where the prototype shuttle will live beginning this summer. Needless to say, a jumbo jet giving a piggyback ride to a space shuttle looks really cool no matter what, but even better against a big-city backdrop.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime