Florida State Attorney Angela Corey has opted not to use a grand jury in the investigation of Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman, who has claimed self-defense. The jury was scheduled to convene tomorrow, as decided by the former special prosecutor, but Corey, who was appointed by Florida Governor Rick Scott on March 22, said from the beginning that she may not go that route. "The decision should not be considered a factor in the final determination of the case," her office said in a statement. "At this time, the investigation continues and there will be no further comment from this office."
- 1. Adam Levine’s Third Victoria’s Secret Model Girlfriend Gets a Ring
- 2. Congress Reaches Deal to End Budget Chaos, Angers Conservatives
- 3. Sons of Anarchy's Kurt Sutter on the Season-6 Finale and What's Next for Jax and Gemma
- 4. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 5. Will Rihanna's Doobie Catch On?
- 6. Snowy Owls Spared Violent Deaths, Because Look at Them
- 7. 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreadlocks Actually Look Like
- 8. Sons of Anarchy’s Maggie Siff on Tara and Jax, and the Heartbreaking Season-Six Finale
- 9. The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle