David Karp, the 25-year-old founder of Tumblr, said today at a conference that the microblogging service will start offering a little bit of ad space on May 2. In 2010 he said, "We're pretty opposed to advertising. It really turns our stomachs." Last week, he called ads served by Google "a complete last resort." Today, asked about his previous positions, Karp said, "I was probably being an idiot then." Or at least no Mark Zuckerberg.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. The Vampire Diaries Finale Recap: All’s Well That Ends Well ... for Now
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring