David Karp, the 25-year-old founder of Tumblr, said today at a conference that the microblogging service will start offering a little bit of ad space on May 2. In 2010 he said, "We're pretty opposed to advertising. It really turns our stomachs." Last week, he called ads served by Google "a complete last resort." Today, asked about his previous positions, Karp said, "I was probably being an idiot then." Or at least no Mark Zuckerberg.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 7. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 8. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 9. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire