“We were walking on the sidewalk and we heard a meowing,” said 42-year-old Verizon lineman Vinny Cassidy of the tabby cat he spotted in Middle Village, Queens. “I thought it was under a car, but it was up in a tree. It looked like a noose was around his neck.” Cassidy's partner Robert Munday then hopped into their truck's lift, grabbed the cat, which was clutching the tree with one leg, and cut it free from the cable. The 1-year-old cat, dubbed Fios, was sent for treatment at a local animal hospital and may go up for adoption by the weekend. Fios is severely underweight, is equally as cute as the cat in the stock photo at left, and has eight lives remaining.
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film