"Look I think George Clooney is a great guy, I’d like to meet Charlize Theron, but I don’t think the big press event in Washington should be that kind of glittering event, where the whole talk is about Cristal champagne, taking over the Italian embassy, who had the best party, who got to meet the most people. That’s another separation between what we’re supposed to be doing and what the people expect us to be doing, and I think that the Washington press corps has to look at that." — Former NBC Nightly News anchor Tom Brokaw on Meet the Press today, lambasting his colleagues for getting all googly-eyed around celebrities last weekend, which is something Daily Intel is totally not guilty of.
Photo: Michael Loccisano/2012 Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 7. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 8. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 9. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother