We've all gotten that random Facebook friend request that seems like someone you could know, so you think eh, why not. Members of the "Brower Boys," a Brooklyn gang, will probably stifle that socially generous impulse in the future. Fourteen of the teenage gang's alleged members were arrested for burglaries in Crown Heights; the cops tracked their activities via Facebook news feed after Michael Rodrigues, a young policeman, friended several. The guys posted things like “break-in day on the avenue," so they weren't exactly making things tough for the police. One, “Pretty Boy Sleepy,” posted pictures of himself with guns. Also probably not a great idea! These kids and their social networking. But their worst crime of all? Giving Ray Kelly the chance to test out this line: “They signed off on their messages with LOL — laughing out loud. Well, there was a person who was laughing out loud. That was Police Officer Michael Rodrigues of the 77th Precinct.” Not LOLing.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!