Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and COO Sheryl Sandberg have announced a new feature that's either extremely invasive or just socially responsible, depending on your online-privacy views: "Starting today, you can add that you're an organ donor to your timeline, and share your story about when, where or why you decided to become a donor," the company revealed today. "If you're not already registered with your state or national registry and want to be, you'll find a link to the official donor registry there as well." It's certainly ambitious, with the executives writing that they hope to "transform the way we all solve worldwide social problems." The option can be found in the "Health & Wellness" section of the user profile, alongside "Life Event" markers like "weight loss," "quit a habit," and "broken bone." Because even your mundane medical history might just make the world a better place.
Photo: Justin Sullivan/2011 Getty Images
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]