This week, Newsweek's cover labeled President Obama "The First Gay President" due to his support for gay rights. While certainly eye-catching, the Atlantic Wire points out that this is hardly the first time that Obama has been called the first something president (apart from, obviously, the first black one): The Washington Post's Kathleen Parker called Obama "the first female president" in 2010, and in 2009, Geraldo Rivera called Obama the "first Hispanic president" and the AFP called him the "first Asian-American president." New York itself put a quote proclaiming Obama "the first Jewish president" on its cover last September. At this point, it may seem like the device is played out, but Daily Intel has actually obtained an exclusive first look at some upcoming magazine covers which prove otherwise.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 3. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 4. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 5. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 6. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 7. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 8. Male Gaze: Watch Henry Cavill Pump Iron
- 9. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob