So-called "hipster cop" Rick Lee was a fashionable fixture of the fall's Occupy Wall Street protests, his stylish frames and boyish face disguising the fact that not only is he with the NYPD, but he can apparently be kind of a dick. Yesterday's May Day demonstrations hosted a handful of musical acts (with permits!) including Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine, Das Racist, and Le Tigre's JD Samson, and Lee was not a fan of the latter, Gothamist reports. "Lower it! Half the volume," he shouted like an impatient dad. "Don't look at me, do it now!" A disappointed fan can be heard in the distance lamenting, "Hipster Cop hates music." He was so much better last year.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!